Monday, October 10, 2005

Episode 7: "Everything We Wanted to Know"

More experiments in layout this time than last week. When I got to the end of the first line it occurred to me to break up what could have been one panel into two. Once I made that decision, it quickly seemed natural to make the break something other than just two boxes, and to make the panels non-parallel to further emphasize how the two conversations are diverging into their own directions.

The oval panel was just for variety, but there's something I like about it.

The hourglass was a last-second discovery. I realized that all three word balloons in the panel were double-balloons, so I made the panel shape reinforce that stacked design. Not sure what good that really is.

To meet deadline I had to lower my standards on lettering quite a bit. I hope it's still legible.

Next week's exists only as an unfinished sketch and a script note in my pocket PC, so it's anybody's guess whether I'll get it done in a week. I hope so, because one of my fans (to date, I have 2) gave me a very wonderful set of pens, which will make inking much more interesting. Thanks, fan!

Your gifts are expected--I mean, accepted too. Or just gift me with a comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger LoWriter said...

I like to share the joy of my art fetish. ;) Remind me sometime to show you guys my colored pencil set. :)

Keep up the good work!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home